Mike Fry wrote
Think about what you've written :-) Family line + generation
is roughly equivalent to an MRIN. You're effectively using a personalised version of the MRIN filing system.

Well, I have thought but I'm afraid I don't see any connection between my unique (one per person) User IDs numbers and MRINs which, by their very nature, relate to at least 2 people.

However, that is probably me being dense. I must admit I have never delved deeply into the idea of an MRIN filing system, mainly because it never made sense to me!
--
Jenny M Benson