Ok then, create a new dummy file and do the same thing to the test file and
see if the same thing happens.
Also export a gedcom of the data of your family file then import into
another new file and see if the problem has corrected itself.

Also, have you tried File Maintenance > Check Repair yet?

Kind Regards,
Mark