Keith, they do show up in the Index. But you have to go to the Index Options and tick the box to include them there.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "GeoSci" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Legacy User Group" <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:24 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Descendant Report - INDEX problem with Alternate names....

Ruth said:

"If I check the box Include Alternate Names on the Index Options for a
book report, shouldn't the alternate name print in the index? My mother is
Domenica De Marco, alternate name Margaret De Marco - but only Domenica
De Marco prints in the index. Another bug?

Ruth A. (Sconza Testa) Nerud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If I do a descendant report - the Alternate Names DO show up IN THE
NARRATIVE.  But - as Ruth says - they DO NOT show up in the NAME LIST.
And I must agree with her surprise about that - I would also expect
them to be there.

Keith

--
Surnames: McKain, Horn, Riale, Ulrich, Erisman, Leiphart, Reed and Henry

Website: http://home.comcast.net/~geosci64
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
McCain-McKane-O'Kane DNA Group 1