I took your advice, Kirsten, and I saved a decendancy report as an rtf file. You win that one. I saved it and then opened it in MS Word and it was a jumbled mess. There was no data in there at all, only a column of strange numbers.

One thing I noticed is that whether I told it to save as an rtf or if I told it to save as a text file or if I told it save it as a pdf it saved the file with an extension of rf1. I don't get that. It should be rtf or txt or pdf. I would think that is part of the problem. It doesn't give me the option to change the file extension.

Very interesting indeed. I owe y'all an apology for not taking your concerns more seriously.

Why is it saving everything (rft, txt, pdf) wht a rf1 extension which apparently MS Word does not recognize.

michele

P.S. I still think people could be a little nicer :)