Mike, I was on the TMG list for several years, as well. Like you I have
ultimately chosen Legacy over TMG ­ although I liked TMG quite well, and
think it is a fine program.

The TMG list does have a ³higher tone² than the Legacy list. Having said
that, the Legacy list is full of clever people, good eggs ­ people like Ron
and Wendy, who generously lend so much time responding to questions; it is
just a few people that pull the level of conversation down a bit. Probably
not their intention, but there it is. You will quickly learn to skim the
posts of the most contentious or demanding with a sense of humor, or to
delete them straight away.

I think this last week was a bit unusual, in that one person had a problem
that was truly driving her around the bend, hence a flurry of very
frustrated emails.

Welcome to the list. Stick with us. I think Legacy is making some great
strides right now, in spite of the bugs, toward edging into TMG¹s former
stranglehold on the ³serious genealogist² slice of the market.

Janis Walker Gilmore