Steve:

What is the criteria that you used and how did you do your search?

You will have to use two conditions as follows in the Query by Example Tab:

Primary Condition:
  Individual, Death Date, After, 31 Dec 1982

Second Condition:
  And
  Individual, Death Date, Before, 31 Dec 1983

This finds all people who died in 1983.

Hope this helps.
Chap

PS
Please try to send only TEXT messages to this email list -- you used HTML
format.

--
___
Leon Chapman