Erin,

As most good people from Ireland are now in bed I will answer. To start, I
notice that you are trying to use the 4 field convention - my advice would be
not to bother with it for locations on this side of the pond, they don't work
(anyhow I hate commas in Locations, that's personal taste btw); I would just
write "Ireland".

Northern Ireland AKA "Ulster" is part of the UK, NB *not* part of England. The
Republic of Ireland AKA "Southern Ireland" or "Eire" is not part of the UK and
has been an independent country since 1922. Without going to much into the
history, prior to that it was part of the UK.

Northen Ireland comprises 6 counties: Antrim, Armargh, Down, Fermanagh,
Londonderry (AKA "Derry") and Tyrone.

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Entering English Locations
> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:28:30 -0700
>
> Martin,
>
> Yes, you have me even more confused. I asked someone last week how to list
> an Ireland location. Not wanting to risk offending anyone on the list, I
> didn't want to post my question, but now I must. In an effort to be
> accurate, I wanted to know if I would list an unknown location in Ireland as
> , , Ireland, UK. Okay, don't get upset! I admit I am ignorant of the
> proper usage. Someone listed only northern Ireland as part of the UK. How
> is one to know? And if I don't really know what part of Ireland should I
> just leave it as , , Ireland until I know more?
>
> Thank you, from a newby to Legacy and much impressed by the efforts the
> program makes toward proper location and source info. I came from FTM so
> that should explain a lot. I am trying to convert everything and make every
> possible effort to do things right.
>
> Erin

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/