I am in the process of changing my locations concepts.
So for non-USA places, I am using, in general, Country, Province/County,
Parish, Sub-parish/named-farm/named-building. For UK sites, the best examples
are the castles. (Trick question). Is it :
Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, England
Windsor Castle, London, Greater London, England
Windsor Castle, London, Middlesex, England
I am not going to solve this quagmire they have created, everyone 'knows' where
it is? I don't care.
Within the same 'building' there may be multiple chapels, 'hospital wards',
'entombment in the walls and floors', etc., which each may/may not record the
BMDs done there separately.
When I realized that I will rarely be using, in the same report, Norwegian
farmers, English earls, Crusaders dying in 'the Holy lands', and people in USA
census records, I decided not to worry that the locations, don't handshake each
other, for these documnts.
If my British places are consistent within themelves, then anyone recieving the
report from me, will not see the other groups anyway.
Good luck, Rich in LA CA