From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dan
Bateham
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:50 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] SourceWrite Template - IGI - Questions

Hi Listers,

Concerning the SourceWriter template: "Church records > LDS Genealogical
Compilations > International Genealogical Index > Online database."

I am looking for suggestions on how others might be using this template,
specifically concerning the following points:

1. This template is set up for citing an IGI record with one event (i.e.:
birth, marriage, or death, etc.) with a date and place. What is suggested
for an IGI record that contains multiple events and places?

2. This template is set up for citing an IGI record with information for as
many as two individuals in the "one" event (as referred to above). What is
suggested for an IGI records when more persons are mentioned (main
individual, parent(s), and a spouse)? -- Also, what is suggested when
multiple events and multiple persons are mentioned in the same record?

Note: I do know the IGI is not considered a "reliable" source and generally
should only be used as a clue or perhaps as a pointer to original sources.
However, as I do have some information from only the IGI, of which I may
well never locate original documents, I am looking for some way of
documenting these IGI records with the new SourceWriter template --
hopefully in accordance with Mills, page 348, item 7.34.   :-)

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dan Bateham