I don't see how citing this source is any different than when you have a death certificate, for instance, on which learn not only the date and place of death, but the date and place of birth, the place of burial, the deceased's parents, the deceased's place of residence. Much information can be contained on one document. You simply cite the document in as many places as there is information you have gleaned.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Bateham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:50 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] SourceWrite Template - IGI - Questions

Hi Listers,

Concerning the SourceWriter template: "Church records > LDS Genealogical Compilations > International Genealogical Index > Online database."

I am looking for suggestions on how others might be using this template, specifically concerning the following points:

1. This template is set up for citing an IGI record with one event (i.e.: birth, marriage, or death, etc.) with a date and place. What is suggested for an IGI record that contains multiple events and places?

2. This template is set up for citing an IGI record with information for as many as two individuals in the "one" event (as referred to above). What is suggested for an IGI records when more persons are mentioned (main individual, parent(s), and a spouse)? -- Also, what is suggested when multiple events and multiple persons are mentioned in the same record?

Note: I do know the IGI is not considered a "reliable" source and generally should only be used as a clue or perhaps as a pointer to original sources. However, as I do have some information from only the IGI, of which I may well never locate original documents, I am looking for some way of documenting these IGI records with the new SourceWriter template -- hopefully in accordance with Mills, page 348, item 7.34. :-)

Thanks for any suggestions,