ronald ferguson wrote
There is no way I would put in all that stuff from Ancestry!!

As you will see elsewhere in this thread, I do! (For the reasons I have given.)

Ancestry is the repository and not the source.

I agree with you, but Ancestry is "publishing" the Census and "handy hint" for that field reads "Type the date posted, updated or copyrighted" so it seems to make sense to put that 2005 date in there. Well, it does to me, anyway! Although I don't always bother to fill that field (or the equivalent) in Master Sources and I think it probably doesn't matter terribly much, in most (all?) cases if one chooses to ignore it.
--
Jenny M Benson