ClearPrint is an addon that Msoft offers so that the print edges don't
look jaggy.  It comes with later releases of XP and 2000 but I think
there are/were downloads on Msoft's site for it.  In XP it is not
automatically turned on.  You have to go through the desktop setup and
click the advanced tab to see the option to turn it on.