From: Gary Templeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:21:26 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Moving Legacy Setup

You have already had the question about the setup file answered, but I
wanted to add that *any* file that you have on one computer can be copied or
moved to another. (There are exceptions for things such as iTunes music
downloads and other technical reasons, but that is true for all practical
purposes) So it doesn't matter whether you download the setup file a second
time, or move it from the desktop to the laptop. Once it is there it will
run exactly the same. In fact, if the two computers were networked you could
even navigate from the laptop to the desktop and run the setup routine over
the network.

I wonder why your Internet access is unreliable?  As you will want to keep
both computers updated to the same build of Legacy that is something you
should try to resolve. How are you connecting the laptop that is different
from the desktop? If you are using wireless, most laptops also have a wired
ethernet port. When you need a strong Internet connection the wired port is
the better way to go.

Gary Templeman