Lavern,

If I want an ancestry tree for my grandchildren then I start with them
(actually you can only start with one and the others have to be added in a word
processor). If I wanted the tree for my daughter then I would start with her
etc. The RIN makes absolutely no difference.

Your question seems to imply that you believe that the RIN numbers are somehow
related to the start person, they are not - although some people choose to
ensure that the start person is number 1 (this is a complete waste of time in
my opinion). There is no reason whatsoever why this should be the case. Hence
no changes are need to your file, try just highlighting your child and
compiling an Ancestry Report.

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:56:28 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] entering first-person
>
> Hello,
>
> I have always heard that it's best to begin entering data with yourself as #1.
> I've done this and know it is a practice followed on this list. That
> said, I recently
> attended a genealogy conference where the speaker was strongly suggesting
> that if you have only one child, that child should be entered as #1
> and by doing
> so, a clear picture of both parent's families would result. Has
> anyone tried this?
>
> I brought up the fact that starting with the child will change the
> "usual" numbers
> seen on a pedigree form, but was countered with "Numbers are not important."
>
> The fact that I have one child is allowing me to consider this option,
> but after
> entering hundreds of names into Legacy, I'd hate to have to start over and I
> won't do it without the expert advice on this list. Does the speaker's
> suggestion
> have merit? Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Lavern Hall

X Factor: latest video, features and more. Click here!
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454063/direct/01/

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
   Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **