Kaled,

Sorry, the example I gave should have read "England, Lancashire, Salford,
Eccles, Winton". Also many locations would not have a city which is used in the
4 field convention - and I hate multiple commas in locations! "Country, County,
Parish" is very common in earlier centuries.

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] UK customisations
> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:49:16 +0100
>

> Kaled,
>
> Is any software perfect out of the box? :-0.
>
> The best peiece of advice I would give you is that when entering locations
> ignore the 4 field naming convention - they are not suitable for the UK (and
> much of Europe). Enter in the Location Field what you believe to be the
> correct location in full.
>
> Then go to View>Master Lists>Locations>Sort and change the direction of sort
> to "Right to left". Thus when looking for a location it can easily be found
> eg. Country, County, Town, District, locality - England, Salford, Eccles,
> Winton. I also add the the house into this eg. "303 Eccles New Road" and only
> use the Address function for living people - before the pedants jump in, I
> stress that this is a personal choice but I Find it helps when using the
> mapping function.
>
> Note also that there are source templates for parts of the UK so when
> sourcing for a template put the country in the search box. They are not
> complete as yet but often one of the existing ones can be adapted.
>
> No doubt others will add to the list.
>

> Ron Ferguson

> *New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
> http://www.fergys.co.uk
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>

> ________________________________
>
> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:53:01 +0200
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] UK customisations
>

> All...
>
> I am a new user of Legacy though not a new user of genealogy software. Most
> of my ancestor live(d) in England.
>
> Do any existing UK users have any suggestions of how best to set up Legacy
> for 95% UK use (source type modifications etc). Or is it perfect out of the
> box?
>
> ...Kaled

See the most popular videos on the web
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
   Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **