Did anyone ever come up with an answer to this? I have checked the archives
but cannot see one.

My problem is similar and may well be connected.

I run the latest build of Legacy 7 on both my desktop and laptop (which I
use when visiting the archives etc.)

Using the same family file L7 works fine on the desktop (which has a
permanent ADSL connection) but I encounter problems when attempting to run
it on my laptop (which is not necessarily online when attempting to run L7)

When starting up L7 on the laptop I get a Windows dialog box stating that
there is no online connection and asking whether I wish to connect or stay
offline. As I am not connected I elect to stay offline. (Presumably for some
reason it is L7 that is attempting to connect). L7 then opens and I select
the family file I wish to open - I then get 'run time error 91, object
variable or With block variable not set' and when clicking the OK button L7
closes.

I imagine that the RTE 91 is a Windows and not a Legacy error but what is
causing it? The only thing that I can think of is that L7 needs an active
internet connection to function but surely this cannot be the case - if it
is then my research at the archives will be severely limited as I cannot
always be guaranteed an online connection when visiting. Indeed on a recent
visit to the Borthwick Institute in York I had to rely on good old GenViewer
to enable me to access my family file, but this was not a perfect solution.

Does anyone have an answer? Hopefully the ever helpful Sherry will point me
in the right direction.....

Paul

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 8:07 PM, Sherry/Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]