From: "Frank L. Rose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 10:23:12 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] What would you call "America" in 1666?

Marcellyn,

These are two different wars and time periods.

King Philip's War, 1675-1676, was a conflict between the colonists and the
Native Americans due to encroachment by the colonists.

The French and Indian War, 1754-1763, was a war between the English and the
French, who had support from the Native Americans, for control of the North
American colonies.  In this war the French lost control of what is now the
New England states and eastern Canada.

FL Rose