There have been varying opinions put forth on this subject and some people also doing one-name studies who can answer this better than I so I will suggest just one for instance - if one of your 'disconnected' families became connected, wouldn't it be easier if they were already living in the same family file?
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog

Howard Mathieson wrote:

I recently decided to use Legacy as my genealogy program of choice. The decision was made after examining a number of reviews which spoke highly of the program.

My decision was solidified when I learned that Map My Ancestors would utilize the gedcom tags for lat and lon values generated in Legacy.

I certainly dont regret the decision. A major bonus has been an active and informative and helpful users group.

Much of the work I have done over the last number of years has been working on a one name study. Here is an issue I am facing. I have many family groups in my study, seperated by geography and brick walls ;-)

If you were in my position would you build one data base with many disconnected family units or would it more logical to have seperate files for each group?

Howard

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. *** Legacy User Group guidelines: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp Archived messages: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/