The differences of opinions you will find will depend mainly on what you
expect your end results to be and for how you work.  Be it printed format,
web pages, mapping, etc.

With a tool such as Legacy, for me, I maintain one database of about 14,000
for all my work.  I really like it ability for making most my web site for
me in which I am able to generate individual sub-sites for a number of the
family lines that I research, besides generating an ALL-inclusive output for
everyone I have in my database.  For me having the variety of outputs has
allowed my to have contact with many others who have found connections with
my data, and been able to assist me with some of those 'brick walls'
occasionally.  And again, with Legacy I can quickly customize and generate a
wide variety of reports specifically geared for people very easily, which
makes them very happy and more willing to add further help later on.

Having all in one database also lets you shift back and forth between
research as needed with just a few clicks.   Also maintenance, upgrades, and
backups are much more easily handled.

To each his own as he sees fit.

--
Byron Schafbuch
Webmaster:

< snip >

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***