Ward, I don't think suggesting people use their brains to be unfriendly. Using the SourceWriter isn't not using your brains (sorry for the double negative, but it seems apt here) and I can see that some people find it useful. But when people are unable to either skip a field or enter something slightly different than what the template requested, that is NOT using their brains. My exhortation was to get people to see they should not let this software run their lives (or their sourcing opportunities as we are discussing). Some of the brainy people who are using it acknowledge that the SourceWriter isn't geared for every type source and they opt to use the basic system. Again, use your brains rather than trying to hammer a square peg in a round hole. One of the strongest parts of the Legacy sourcing system is its preview and edit functions. When you don't see the source the way you want it, you can fix it!

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ward Walker" <wnkwal...@rogers.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 6:40 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] SourceWriter / Book COMPILED BY

Elizabeth,

I thought we were all trying to use more friendly language on this list. Certainly it has been better lately. I find your "use your brains!" attitude insulting and unhelpful. As you can see from some of the responses, there are some brainy people here who find the Source Writer a big help. (That includes me. I had a lot of trouble achieving consistency when using the basic source method.) Please respect differences of opinion.

  Ward

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elizabeth Richardson" <erich...@worldnet.att.net>