Thanks, Dennis - that's perfectly clear now!
"For this Import, always overwrite the existing event with the
incoming event" will replace the default events and their sentences
with my own Custom Events.
I will try that - all this because I have lost my Child Status List!
Are there any other pitfalls or drawbacks to Exporting to a New File?
(I'm aware that embedded dates being replaced by date and time of
creation.)
Mary Young