> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:44:53 -0600, "JCTripp" <jctr...@charter.net>
>  wrote:
>  >If the list is there & you can use it, why not just leave it as is.
Yes, the list is there ... but only viewable in MASTER LISTS, and then
very erratically, e.g.
if I type "Adopted" the screen remains totally blank.
"Show List" and I see the correct List of Individuals.
Type "Adopted Twin", "Foster", "Foster Twin" I get a blank grid
displayed, the tag boxes are all ticked. If I try to untick a box, I
get "Data Entry Error".
Then Type "Illegitimate" the List displays properly, i.e. the category
names are displayed, the tag boxes are _not ticked_  There are no
extra blank lines at the top.
So YES, the List is there, but NO, I cannot use it to attach a status
to a new individual.

> Seems the possible cure is not worth the headaches it is giving you.

That is my feeling now ... but if I stick with my current file _I know
it is flawed_ and who knows what other problems this may bring?

On 3/1/09, Dennis M. Kowallek <kowal...@iglou.com> wrote:
> It should be pursued with support because the problem isn't going away.
>  Although you won't see a fix in V6 if it is a program problem.
Aaargh maybe it's time to upgrade to 7.
>  I personally don't look at the Master Child Status List that often.
Well who does? I only use Child Status for unusual Individuals -
"adopted", "illegitimate" etc.  I probably haven't added/amended
anyone's Child Status for  a year. So maybe I could live with it - but
now I can't add or amend anyone, plus I have the knowledge my database
is broken.
Regards
Mary Young