Carolyn,

I only know of the box in the Details and it actually makes sense for it to be
there given that different people can use the same Master Source in different
ways.

Actually I thought it had always been this way - or is my memory going?

Similarly users use the date in different ways - I use it for the date I got
the information from the source.This is usually the same as the date it was
recorded in my files, but may not be.

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> From: wood...@msn.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Source Defaults
> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:34:28 -0800
>

> Is there a way to set the Source Surety Level for a master source? I
> would like to be able to set Census entries, Parish Registers, Complete
> Peerage,
> etc., to Level 4, but I do NOT want my default Surety Level be 4.
>

> The only way now is to change my Surety Level in the individual Source
> Detail each time! This, added to the fact that I can no longer hit Enter
> to exit the Source Detail, but must use my mouse (hitting Enter is SO much
> easier with disabilities!) to exit the Source Detail screen has made it SO
> difficult now.
>

> Also, is there a way to have today's date be the default Recorded
> Date? Again, I would not have to use the mouse so much!
>

> Carolyn

All your Twitter and other social updates in one place
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/