I also use Complete Peerage, but I then use the attached notes to match my 
surety to CP. If, for instance, CP states 'his mother was an daughter of Steve' 
I give her a 2. When a child inherits the land, it gets a 5, because the 
participants did not doubt the parentage. I also have examples of the CP having 
only 'guesses', and 'unable to prove'. Other times CP has only a birthyear 
range, and/or born in one country, but no more exact. I give it a 2 or 3. I may 
never find the actual data, but making any source 'always' any surety other 
than all 1-s, may be wishing the documents are more accurate.
I have also found in the New England GHS, and also the Boston newspaper (forget 
the 'name'), articles dispproving data from the CP. And also cirrections 
printed in later versions of CP. I do not take any printed data as accurate 
until after I have checked it out as well as I canj.
I DO NOT WANT Surety to be always set to anything. And not given for the 
source, but for the portion of that source being used.
Rich ih LA CA



Legacy User Group guidelines: 
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages: 
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp



Reply via email to