I don't use the Source Writer myself. It's just another thing to get in sync with. Right now, it's easier not to. If there's any kind of notation at all on the tree that you found, I'd put that in. I have some similar 'unknowns' and I put them under a general category. For instance, Ancestry World Tree Project: unknown. If there's no information given, what can you say?
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog

v pedersen wrote:
I found what Ancestry.com calls a "Family Tree" on their website. It isn't really a family tree but a short list of related people.

I looked in the archives and see that many people suggest putting Ancestry.com as a repository and the collections found on Ancestry (such as WWI Draft Registrations, etc) as the source. But what about something less straight forward, like the "family tree" I found on Ancestry? How would I source this? No author is listed, nor contact information, it is simply a short list of related people under the title "Smith Family Tree".

In the "Add a New Source", Source Writer's family tree and family group sheet options do not offer me a choice of medium other than "Online Images" and "Privately Held". Since the list is not really what would be considered an online image (such as a census page image would be) and the list is not privately held, how would I source this list of related persons that Ancestry calls a "family tree"? Any ideas?

Vicki