I agree.  A family tree is a set of clues, not a source.

Diane

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eliz Hanebury" <elizhg...@gmail.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How do I source a "Family Tree" found on Ancestry.com

I Don't source ancestry, I put an online family tree under notes with
the URL and then I set out to prove or disprove it.

Eliz

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:14 AM, v pedersen <amigo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I found what Ancestry.com calls a "Family Tree" on their website. It isn't
really a family tree but a short list of related people.

I looked in the archives and see that many people suggest putting
Ancestry.com as a repository and the collections found on Ancestry (such as
WWI Draft Registrations, etc) as the source.

But what about something less straight forward, like the "family tree" I
found on Ancestry?

How would I source this? No author is listed, nor contact information, it
is simply a short list of related people under the title "Smith Family
Tree".

In the "Add a New Source", Source Writer's family tree and family group
sheet options do not offer me a choice of medium other than "Online Images" and "Privately Held". Since the list is not really what would be considered
an online image (such as a census page image would be) and the list is not
privately held, how would I source this list of related persons that
Ancestry calls a "family tree"?

Any ideas?

Vicki