Since I got "Map My Family Tree" from the bundle of Legacy add-ons, I would
guess it is allowed to be discussed here. If not, I am sorry Brian. I have been
using it since, but have found it has a few annoying quirks. I have over 25K
names and 5K places, so the program runs understandably slow on my laptop. When
I first used it I found many mistakes I had put into Legacy, but found I needed
to close MMFT and open L and fix, then reopen MMFT to see my repairs. I also
found MMFT did not understand locations with less than four field names. When I
had already used locations like 'United States' or 'England',  I chose to put
the lat/long for the capital's city (to confuse the MMFT). The biggest problem
was that opening MMFT and editting as described, After about a dozen or so
changes, the program/laptop would freeze up, then need to close down. It would
remember all but one change on restart, so I only did about 5 or so changes at
a time. And since each start
 up on my system took up to 14 minutes, I could get about 20-30 fixes an hour.
I gave up trying to do all my fixes there, and repaired all the locations in L.
It also doesn't like 'old place names' (as was at the time). I liked the print
outs, and the detail, but at the time, I wasn't doing many of them. If your DB
is under 5K it should work real good. I decided when I buy the 'next' computer,
it will be able to handle stuff better. Then since Virtual Earth was added in
the mix, I use that and MapQuest.
Rich in LA CA