Kay,

Apart from saying that the lower the zoom the more inaccurate the the position
of the pin looks, I am not going to go into this aspect further at the moment.
The first thing is for you to be able to use it.

If you start with an individual in, say Family View, and click the Mapping Icon
then the program will automatically try to put the pins into the locations
associated with this person. This can be quite inaccurate and it should be
noted that it only reconises modern locations,

The next thing to note is that one cannot move the pins and it is necessary to
move the map, and then put your curser in the correct place and right click.
But this cannot be done in the screen displayed when you click the mapping
icon; you need to click "Resolve". This takes you to the same screen as
View>Master Lists>Location and here you can move the map and set the location
as described above. Using the zoom in and zoom out helps to manipulate the
maps. The help Files give details of the meaning of the lettering of the column
headers.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: kayhawo...@earthlink.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Problem with Mapping
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:21:20 -0700
>
> Legacy 7.0.0.90 Deluxe Version - Windows XP
>
> Haven't paid much attention to the mapping aspect until today. "Many" of
> the locations in my locations list come up in the wrong (really wrong)
> places on the map. For example, Phoenix, Maricopa County Arizona shows up
> in Oshkosh, Winnebago County, Wisconsin. Oshkosh shows up in Marshfield,
> Wood County, Wisconsin. Kekoskee, Dodge County, Wisconsin shows up in
> Pierre, South Dakota. And on and on and on. Do I have a broken database?
> According to the Users' Archives, one can move the push pin on the map.
> I've not figured out how to do this - it won't drag and drop. Guess I need
> to get the video. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Kay

Free photo editing software from Windows LiveĀ . Try it now!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665240/direct/01/