From: Jack Earnshaw
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:34 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Problem with Mapping

Kay

I reported this as a bug some time ago but got back the "unable to reproduce
the problem" answer.

What I was finding was that choosing an individual and then clicking the
Mapping button brought up the correct list of locations and then it tried to
resolve on the map all those places that hadn't yet been resolved. This is
where it went wrong. The places it picked all were within the list of
locations on the left, BUT the coordinates and balloon were allocated to the
wrong place. E.g. if there were 4 locations A, B, C and D and that B, C and
D had not been "resolved" before i.e. placed on the map then it seemed to
place location B at the point on the map for location C, similarly for
location C it might go to the place on the map for location D. This didn't
always happen, but very frequently. Now I try to ensure that the places have
been resolved properly before I go to mapping. But I will always go down the
list to make sure that the locations are shown at the correct place on the
map. Going to the location list and getting places resolved that way seems
to be OK, it is only when this occurs "on the fly" by using the Mapping
button

Jack