Hi Mary, that helped a whole lot!  Still some things that I need to find out
about, like it does not show that I have Legacy Deluxe, but I am sure that is
easily fixed when I go to Customer Service tomorrow.  The notes are there, but
I am afraid to shut down the computer in case I lose them again!

Thanks so much for your help!

Tish

  Tish,

  If it is a Legacy backup file you need to use the Restore Family File
command. Is this what you used to install your backed up Legacy data file on
the new computer with Legacy 6?

  From the menu bar ... Look under File>Restore Family File.

  Work your way to where you have placed the Legacy back up file (it should
have a .zip extension), highlight the file, click open and then follow the
prompts to let Legacy restore it. Once restored, I "think" it will just open.

  If your notes were there when you backed up your file, they should still be
there so please don't panic. :-)

  Mary

    From: Tish

    I have what to me is a grave problem.  My old computer died, and I have a
new one, and I am still on Legacy 6 on this new computer.  On my other one (not
the one that died) I have Legacy 7.  I intend to keep them separate for some
time yet.

    In putting in the disc with my back up on it for Legacy 6, it all went in
okay, but some of it went in as fdb files, and they don't seem to want to open.
 That is the 1st problem.  The next problem is a dreadful one for me - not one
of the notes that I had on the Legacy Family File is showing up anywhere, and
where could they have gone?  I had a lot of notes on nearly everyone in my
files.  Some general notes, and some medical notes.  Their loss is a real
tragedy to me, as I refererred to them so often, or compared one with another.

    Can anyone suggest what to do?

    Tish

13:14:00