Using Legacy 7.0.0.90, Windows XP

Per Sherry's advice (when I was having mapping issues) I used the geo-code all unresolved locations. This resolved the problem existing at that time. Now, in looking at my master location list I'm finding that perhaps 7 out of 10 locations are incorrect, even though all of the towns in my location list appear on the Google maps.. For instance, the balloon for Charlton, Massachusetts is NE of Marlborough -- a long ways from Charlton. Cedar Falls Iowa shows up on the town of Sinclair, Des Moines, Iowa shows up a long way from Des Moines, and on and on. I have been correcting this by right-clicking on the correct location and resetting to it.

1.   Should I be arbitrarily resetting in this fashion?
2. Or should I be looking the location up on, say, USGS Earth Explorer, and manually changing the lat/long information?

No. 1 will take a long time since there are hundreds of locations in my list. No. 2 would take a very long time. Is there something I should be doing in the process to eliminate all of the make-work?

Thanks,
Kay Fordham (sunny Temecula, CA)