Hi Bonnie,

I believe Legacy would be able to do what you would like.

For each individual you could create an "event" called 'membership status'
and include whatever notes to this event if you would like.

I would then create tags.. [Tag 1 active;  Tag 2 inactive, etc.]

Finally you would go into the search feature and create as search string to
pull up all the records you are looking for and generate a list (i.e.  have
it locate all records which include a membership status event with tag 1 in
the state of Iowa)

Once you have the results of the search you can have the list include other
details about the individual (i.e. name, date of birth, user id number, etc)

Ange