Bonnie

You can't add fields to the database.

Use the Event/Facts for Membership Status.  You can create your own Event
(see the Help file) and place the status in the Description field. We don't
have drop-down lists for description, but it shouldn't be too hard to
manually enter one of those bits of info.

You could indicate the location of residence in the Place field of the
event.

As for surnames, you can just leave them blank if none exists.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
supp...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.