Color me red (as in embarassed!!!!!!!!!!!) - Richard and others helped me see
where I was going wrong. I even responded to some that 'oh yes, all my sources
are assigned to persons in my file' - well, much as I hate to admit it, I have
some 80+ sources that I had scanned into my PC and had them loaded into the
Master Source BUT - I had not entered the source data as an event to the people
in the file.  Now, in retrospect, I would call that just plain DUMB!  I guess
when I entered these into my PC and the master list, I figured I would revisit
them at a later date - didn't happen, so I have lots of work to do.

I do appreciate the suggestions and help in isolating this problem. I have
corrected about a dozen of these oversights and now my GEDCOM is reflecting the
additioanl sources when I load it to a new file.

Bob

---- ronald ferguson <ronfe...@msn.com> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Which could suggest that there is something in those 18 files, or something
> relating to the sources attached to the Events in those files which is
> causing the problewm.
>

> Ron Ferguson

> *New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/

> > Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:52:33 -0400
> > From: older...@rochester.rr.com
> > To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> > Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] GEDCOM Issue
> >
> > Folks
> >
> > I have no answer to this, but I think you're looking at it upside down.
> >
> > When he exports his ENTIRE file to a GEDCOM, he gets PART of his sources
> > extracted. (261)
> >
> > When he exports PART of his file to a GEDCOM, he gets ALL of his sources
> > extracted. (299)
> >
> > That's the reverse of what you'd expect ... no matter what flags are
> > set, what boxes are checked, whether sources are used or unused, or
> > whether individuals are marked private or not.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > RICHARD SCHULTHIES wrote:
> >> This is only a guess. Do you have unattached sources? Identify at least
> >> one source that isn't printing, and check 'Show List' for that one, then
> >> check those people for any marks that resemble "private, or don't print".
> >> This could also be an unfound 'bug'.
> >> Rich in LA CA
> Beyond Hotmail — see what else you can do with Windows Live.

>    http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

/Users/robertrunion/Desktop/eMail Icons/signature.pdf