Richard,

I realised shortly after I had replied that that was probably the reason for
you wishing to roll back.

It is something which, like you, I would be loathe to do, especially since it
means going the Gedcom route. I'm afraid that I have always had doubts about
the abililty of Gedcoms to accurately transfer all the data - but no real proof.

On my laptop I have another, lightweight, genealogy program onto which I
transfer my data using a Gedcom, whenever I am going away, and I know that the
transfer is incomplete, especially with respect to sources. OK, this is
probably due to the other program, and Legacy to Legacy will be much more
accurate, but.......??????

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:22:42 -0700
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Export to GED, Import Ged back to Legacy. Drawbacks?
> From: rfvanwasshn...@gmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> I'm not presently interested in reports but want to consolidate
> sources. In version 7.0.0.55 we could merge basic into source writer
> sources. Everyhing in Multimedia and Text/Comments transferred and
> Recorded Date under Detail Information also transferred. All the new
> fields under Detail Information need to be filled in of course.
> You'll recall I was unable to merge 2 identical source writer sources
> last week until you provided a finagling trick.
> I now have one computer on version 7.0.0.40 to merge sources but then
> I have to import to the other computer and merge individuals. Big
> hassle there.
> I know there are more serious losses going through GEDcom than the 2 I
> listed but I can't recall what they are.
>
> --
> Richard Van Wasshnova
> http://www.gencircles.com/users/vanwasshnova
> http://gw.geneanet.org/vanwasshnova
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:53 PM, ronald ferguson wrote:
>>
>> Rich,
>>
>> I cannot add to your list, but why (apart from the fact that you have a CD)
>> are you considering rolling back to 7.0.0.40 with all its bugs, particularly
>> with respect to reports.
>>

>> Ron Ferguson

Beyond Hotmail — see what else you can do with Windows Live.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665375/direct/01/