After you scan your image you can link it into Events Pictures, the same as you would link any other image. You can't copy them into Notes or anything like that.

If you want to turn your image into text, that requires OCR software, which either comes with your scanner, or you can buy or possibly find for free. You cannot scan an image and then highlight the text, per se. It takes special software to turn image text into text-text.
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog

Bill Rhodes wrote:
I have some copies of Revolutionary War military records, typewritten from the original, which I have been trying to scan to a file, then copy & paste into Legacy "Events". I am trying to avoid time consuming re-typing. Even though I change the image from jpg to text or PDF I cannot copy them - I am unable to highlight the text and do a control c. I've tried every trick I know but no luck. What am I doing wrong and what is the correct way?

Bill Rhodes