Ross / Ron,

Thank you for your replies.

After reading thru the archived messages (and to date I am just dealing with UK
entries)

this seemed to make sense :

I've only been working on census entries .. but it would be nice to know if it
should work the same when entering the births, deaths and marriages.

Location : Town, County, Country

Address : Street address, Town, County, Country

(specific to the event I add the Head of the household name)

Event Facts : I've added the text for each person and have bolded the

individual that I'm referring too.  Then when I copy the event to another family

member in the same census .. I just bold that person.

I just want to be able to print reports that are easy to follow .. nothing
fancy.

The more I've read the threads - I am not sure I'm doing the right thing.
Having I been entering addresses - that won't actually print or show up on any
report ?

Heather

> From: ronfe...@msn.com
> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Location Names and Addresses
> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:08:11 +0100
>

> Heather,
>
> When you create an Event eg. Residence, Occupation etc. there is a field
> called "Places" where it is recommended one puts City, County, State and
> Country - if you are from the USA. Personally I put the full address here as
> I am not American and from the user point of view it makes little difference.
>
> These details are stored in the Master Location, together with those which
> you include in the boxes labelled "in" on births, christenings, marriages and
> deaths, and it is these which will appear in Reports and Web pages.
>
> If you click the grey plus sign after entering a birth marrige or death you
> will see a place for Birth addresses etc. These are not printed. I do not use
> these.
>
> If you include a Repository in your Sources then it is your choice whether
> they print or not.
>

> Ron Ferguson

> Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>

> ________________________________
> > From: hvanvonde...@hotmail.com
> > To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> > Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Location Names and Addresses
> > Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:31:55 -0300
> >

> > Legacy Group,
> >

> > I tested this software for a month or so and ultimately purchased it - just
> > because it seemed so 'easy'. The more I read all of the posts - the more
> > confused I become !
> >

> > Is there anywhere that displays the resulting reports - and what you must
> > add or not add as far as addresses, ect., to achieve the result ?
> >

> > Heather
> >
> >> From: wood...@msn.com
> >> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> >> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Location Names and Addresses
> >> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:36:23 -0700
> >>
> >> Ron,
> >>
> >> The Event Addresses DO print in reports. It the Event Address Notes that do
> >> not.
> >>
> >> If the notes of a location are essential, then the Event Address is not
> >> where to put those notes.
> >>
> >> As I mentioned, when I have places of historical interest and I want the
> >> notes for that place to be printed, I use the Master Location List for that
> >> specific abbey, cathedral, battle, etc. When I merely want the exact
> >> location, without notes for that exact location, I use the Event Address
> >> for
> >> the house number/cemetery name and address.
> >>
> >> I really don't understand why Legacy even allows notes for the Event
> >> Addresses since it does not allow printing them anywhere!
> >>

> >> Carolyn

Internet explorer 8 lets you browse the web faster.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9655582