What I have done, (which is cheating) is 'study the obvious(?) path taken on
the two days', using the township map to GUESS the hour that matches best, I
found that on the 2 days of the taker's path, he was found on day one, on two
different spurs out of town, and the next day 2 similar different spurs, and I
knew which mine was on. My person was on the 2nd afternoon. Unless the taker
didn't follow the 'obvious' path and zigzaged across the area (too much extra
work for him/her), and since the landowners are on the census between the
correct neighbors, I noted the guess as data.
It may not always work out to make a 'discovery' of this type.
Good luck, Rich