RICHARD SCHULTHIES wrote:
What I have done, (which is cheating) is 'study the obvious(?) path taken on the two days', using the township map to GUESS the hour that matches best, I found that on the 2 days of the taker's path, he was found on day one, on two different spurs out of town, and the next day 2 similar different spurs, and I knew which mine was on. My person was on the 2nd afternoon. Unless the taker didn't follow the 'obvious' path and zigzaged across the area (too much extra work for him/her), and since the landowners are on the census between the correct neighbors, I noted the guess as data. It may not always work out to make a 'discovery' of this type.
Good luck, Rich

What I do is use the official census date, as that is the date that the information is "supposed" to reflect. The actual dates listed on the census sheet would go into the notes for the event/source.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs