From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of SgtBob
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:21 AM
To: Legacy
Subject: [LegacyUG] Access Table

I have encountered a colossal problem that was brought about by an action I
must have inadvertently taken (shame on me) to allow a re-numbering of one
or more fields - specifically the MRIN numbers. Evidently I wasn't paying
attention on a GEDCOM upload  feature and didn't discover this until
yesterday - after several of these uploads occurred to my dismay.

My problem - I use the 'MRIN+number' feature to file paper documents and
also enter this number in the detail 'FileID' box in Legacy.  I'm in the
process of renumbering these hundreds of documents due to the above
situation - a most laborious project!!!

My Hope - Is there any table,  when viewing a 'Bob1.fdb'  (I have a
multitude of backups thank goodness), in Access that would permit me to
enter/alter the File ID? I have looked at my 'tblSX' and observe that there
are a number of  items that look like my MRIN+number data under the column
entitled 'Filing Ref' .  This appears  to be a possible opportunity to
correct my errors.  Is it possible that changing/correcting/entering the
current File Id number (noted as my MRIN+number) in this column might
accomplish my goal? If not, please suggest a solution.