  From: Laurence E Stephenson
  To: jcthacyk
  Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:00 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Disappearing data, sources and who knows what else?

  Hello jcthacyk,

       I have been using Legacy since version 2 so I'm not totally ignorant of
how it works.  Version 7 has been giving me enumerable headaches and extra
work.  d

        I have had problems with disappearing data & notes for some time and it
seems to happen when I make a back-up at the prompt when exiting Legacy.  When
re-opening the program, I've had to retype a lot of it in again.  As far as I
can tell, if I make a conscious effort to make a backup before exiting by using
the file drop-down menu, I'm okay.  I also make a 'save family file as' in a
different folder just to be sure as it's too time consuming to keep doing
everything twice.

        Today has tested my limits.   I was entering some obituaries from a
newspaper which is already in my master source list.  I discovered that a chunk
of the master sources are missing from the master source list.  However, when I
go to the individual who I know I've previously used a particular source for,
it's there -- still attached to the person.  I have no idea of how many other
master sources might be missing from the list.

        How can I get all these sources back into my master source list?  Do I
have to go through each one of  thousands of individuals and check each source
entered for him or her  to make sure they are in the master source list?  That
could take years.

        Is there a way of getting all the master sources back on the list and
at the same time, having them attached to the right people so that I can see
the list of people who are using the same source?

        Aaaargh!

        Kay

  Open master source list, on right side see SHOW ONLY untick any ticked,
problem solved

  --
  Best regards,
   Laurence                            mailto:laurencestephen...@gmail.com