On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 5:27:28 -0400, SgtBob <s...@cox.net> wrote:

>A couple of suggestions I  received  indicated that I was on the right tract
>that might permit me to change them in tblSX using Access - unfortunately, I
>have discovered that even if I change the 'Filing REF' data, the change
>doesn't 'take' in my 'bob.fdb' file when I re-opened it in Legacy.

Then my guess is that you updated the wrong row in tblSX. tblSX is a
tricky devil. See ...

        http://zippersoftware.com/ltools/help/v1/tblSX_Type.htm

... for more info on the tblSX.Type column and how it relates to
tblSX.IDIME.

Since it appears that you may have updated the wrong rows, I hope you
restored your database back to where it was before you made the Access
updates.

>Any suggestions on a method to do mass changes to Detail File ID's when in
>Access?

Sure. I can write a very simple UPDATE query that will change every File
ID in your database to "Fred Flintstone". But I don't think that's what
you want!

Do you mean change every occurrence of "1234-5" to "9876-4"? Give us
some detailed requirements and we can tell you if it is possible. Lay it
out logically so we don't have to guess what you mean.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools