Michele,

I was going to suggest that you compress your pages, there is free software
which can do this for you and I will come back to you on this if you wish.

However, I see that you are including the whole of your surname index in the
meta tags. Whilst I have read of some people recommending this it really isn't
necessary as the only purpose is for the benefit of the Search Engines and they
read every page anyhow, in fact you are more likely to confuse those who are
searching.

If you work out the memory usage of doing this as follows: Let us say that on
average each name takes 15bytes, and you have 617 unique surnames and 37pages,
you will see that you are taking up 15x617x37=342KB.

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: cranberryf...@charter.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] as web site question
> Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:10:29 -0400
>
> I figured out how to make my file smaller... I just cut out my husband's
> sie of the family! Actually, I do most of my research on my side anyway
> since he has no interest in family history.
>
> I have the page up and running but it is far from finished. I am editing
> the index page now to jazz it up and bit. I am also trying to figure out
> how the different checkboxes (options) will effect the page.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/cranberryfrog/
>
> michele

Windows Live Messenger: Thanks for 10 great years—enjoy free winks and
emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/