On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:00:45 -0400, Kramer <kramer...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Oops! My 6.0 version is gone in my Mac.  I guess that's how my hubby
>go it "accidentally" transferred.  Now how do I proceed?

You mean version 6 of the program? Or your version 6 family file
(*.fdb)?

I don't know why your sources "disappeared". The only way I know that
sources can "disappear" is if you transfer your file via GEDCOM and
either fail to export your sources or fail to import your sources. If
you still have your V6 database (.fbd) or a backup (.zip) around
somewhere, you stand a good chance of being able to recover your
sources.

As far as renumbering is concerned, in a GEDCOM import you have the
option of specifying a starting RIN/MRIN that the import process will
use. You could use that to assign your entire database to RINs above a
certain number ... say 10000. This would free up anything below 10000
for you to *MANUALLY* change an individual's RIN to. It will still be a
99% manual process.

[[ Please post to the LUG in plain text! ]]

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools