Randolph Clark wrote:
It's:

http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/metasearch?surname=[lastname]&given=[givennames] <http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/metasearch?surname=[lastname]&given=[givennames]>

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Gene Young <n2...@cfl.rr.com <mailto:n2...@cfl.rr.com>> wrote:

    Randolph Clark wrote:

        While I'm waiting to hear back from Legacy support has anyone
        encountered the problem I describe below in my email to them?

        /When I search WorldConnect from within Legacy everything works
        fine _except_ when searching for one person in particular two
        windows open. One is:
        http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/email/
        The other is:
        file:///C:/Legacy7/Legacy//
        /Data/

        What can explain this weird behavior?
        /
        Randy

That search string works properly, although it should be http://resources.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/metasearch?surname=[lastname]&given=[givennames] Note the addition of .ancestry. Your search string works but is re-directed to the second one. By using the second one you eliminate some delay.

You stated that it only behaves strangely with one particular individual? If so, cut and paste that persons first and last names, exactly as they are in your database, into a reply to this email and I will check that as well.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs