Randolph Clark wrote:
OK, after some initial confusion about where to cut from and where to paste to I pasted him directly into the search website and received the following message:

/The search request could not be completed because insufficient information was provided to Ancestry.com. If the search request originated from another web site, please contact that site's administrator to resolve the problem./

I then deleted him, reentered him manually and, though Legacy assigned him the same RIN, everything now works as it should. Any thoughts on what caused this?

Thanks again.

Randy

Clearly the information that was entered into the name field in Legacy was corrupted somehow. By deleting and re-entering manually, you removed the corrupt information. We will probably never know exactly what caused it. As to the cut and paste, I meant to cut the information from Legacy and paste it into the email to the list. That way I would presumably be using the same corrupt data. No matter now, as long as it is fixed.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs