From: Jenny M Benson <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:37:50 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Report Sizing

michael barberi wrote
> I want to download an hour-glass chart to a flash drive so that a print shop
> can make a large copy of it.  The print shop prefers the chart in a PDF
> format, but will accept JPEG.   When Legacy creates this chart, the size is
> shown at the bottom of the screen (length and width in inches or cm/mm).  My
> hour-glass chart is very large because of the number of generations (32 pages
> on 8x11 pages).  I can use the sizing icon to increase and decrease the size
> of this chart for "viewing purposes only".  However, the size at the bottom
> of the screen always stays the same thing.  I don't know how to "set" the
> size I want, "save" the size I want, and then "download it".

The size that is shown at the bottom of the screen is the size of the
"rectangle" created by the pages.  If your 32 pages are laid out landscape and
your chart is, say, 4 pages wide and 8 pages deep then the size shown will be
44" x 64".

If you are going to have your chart printed on one sheet of much larger paper,
I think you just need to set up Legacy Charting for the size of paper you will
be using.
-- Jenny M Benson