Further to what Michele has quoted, this from the Legacy daily newspage
http://www.legacynews.typepad.com/Legacy Cruise – Venice, last day of
classes, and
Olympia<http://legacynews.typepad.com/legacy_news/2009/09/legacy-cruise-venice-last-day-of-classes-and-olympia.html>

<http://legacynews.typepad.com/legacy_news/2009/09/legacy-cruise-venice-last-day-of-classes-and-olympia.html>"Yesterday
was our last day at sea and our last day of Legacy classes. Once again we
recorded each class for attendees to watch when they return home. We taught
classes about tagging, searching, digitization and organization of photos,
insider’s tips and tricks, and then held a question/answer session with the
entire development team. At the end Dave made two great announcements.
First, each attendee received $30 of credit for anything in our online
store. Second, everyone would receive a complimentary copy of Legacy 8 when
it is released (no, we don’t have any idea when this will be yet. We still
have our major update to version 7 to release (7.5) which will include the
new FamilySearch integration tools)."

Legacy have about 40  domains registered to them, and
www.LEGACYDOWNLOAD.COMwould appear to be one of them even though a
trace route shows that it comes
from a different server origin..
Most probably one used for testing purposes, perhaps for beta tester
distribrution.
Until an official release notice is issued, and it would appear that there
will be a V7.5 issued before V8.0, I would highly recommend not down
will make to your database structure and you may not be able to recover if
you do not have a current backup file to restore from.

Regards Kevin
shamrockspi...@gmail.com
shamroc...@orcon.net.nz
www.shamrockspider.com