Brian:

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Brian Beddor <bbed...@japsolson.com> wrote:
> Hi Sherry,
> Thanks for explaining.
>
> I have a question on using the Geo Location feature.

S N I P P E D

> I also know that we should record place names as they were at that time.
> So, what should I be putting in the place location for the different
> times?

> And, if I'm entering the place for -- say 1700 would I put "Nutfield, ,
> New Hampshire, England"? And if I do, how do I get the Geo Location to
> work for that that place/time?

Not England, either "New England, British North America" or "British
North America"  There is also a New England, Australia, so just New
England can be ambiguous.  You could also use the Colony name,  an
example is New Haven Colony which merged with Connecticut in the 1660s
and became New Haven, New Haven Co., Connecticut Colony, British North
America.

Of course, I don't always do it that way,  but I think that would be
more historically correct. That does not work with the Geo Locator
database.

Regards,

Steven C. Perkins

--