Brett,

My preference for using the Location Field for house/Street/town is quite well known, however, I do not when it comes to Sources, such as Libraries, Hospitals, Public Records etc.. For these I use the Address fields. The reason being that when I create webpages there is a section there which enables one to include Repositories in the Source, and this uses the Address List to get the details.

Thus if, for example, a hospital is used both as a location for the place of death and a Source for the information then I would include the details in both the Location and the Address fields.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England

BMcL Robinson wrote:
Hi Mary

I use location for town/city - where you may find a group of
relatives, and where there are libraries/hospitals/public records.
You may want to find out who was living there, or what reserch you
can do there.

I use address for a building or a site - eg residential house, a
hospital, a cemetery. You may want to find all the things that
happened at that address.

Cheers, Brett